Open Enrollment Courses
What are we offering you? We make cutting-edge leadership development available and accessible to emerging leaders, entrepreneurs, small business owners in our local area of Raleigh/Durham, NC. As a local small business, our goal is to contribute the success of our community.
Adventure out to the beautiful Southern Grace Farm in Selma, NC to work with the legendary TeachingHorse herd—who have contributed to the development of leaders from around the world.
Develop your leadership skills while networking with other interesting and talented people throughout the day and over a catered lunch. Depart with a greater sense of leadership confidence.
What makes this opportunity unique? TeachingHorse is a safe learning environment designed for individuals with no previous horse experience. Dr. June Gunter, a pioneer and thought leader in her field, will guide you through development of core leadership skills required in today’s work environment.
This experience is unique because you learn in the field rather than in the classroom, practicing skills with the equine faculty (Learn more about our herd).
What can I expect from the experience? We begin by learning how horses live and thrive in their herds. Next, we provide an in-depth safety demonstration to prepare you for interacting with the horses. Then, you engage in both one-on-one and team-based activities to develop your leadership skills. You don’t ride the horses; instead, you partner with them. The day is filled with coaching conversations and individualized feedback to support your development and success.
What will it cost? Participation is limited to 15 people per session. The cost for each course is $425. You may choose to attend one or more of the three courses; we would be happy to see you for all of them and will offer a discount for doing so. The cost to attend all three courses is $1000 (a savings of $275). The registration option for all three courses appears at the bottom of the page.
- Explore simple ways to enhance your influence with others
- Grow trust and confidence in your leadership
- Practice listening to the voice of your authentic self
- Practice using your authentic voice in service of the greater good
- Explore how the new realities of our world demand relevant ways to lead
- Learn principles and practices of herd leadership – natures lessons of collaboration
- Leverage the strengths of diverse and inclusive teams
- Practice creating aligned direction with focused energy
- Explore what is changing in the environment of your organization or industry
- Establish the leadership presence required to navigate through uncertainty
- Set a pace of change that reflects reality and enables successful engagement
- Inspire confidence in your leadership and the future of your company
Each of our Open Enrollment events covers new topics and includes different training and development exercises. The programs are structured to build upon one another but are not required to be taken in chronological order. We would be happy to see you for all three events and are offering a discount when booked in advance. The cost for each course is $425; the cost to attend all three is $1000.